365 Church is launching very soon to Platinum VIP agents. I’m starting to get very excited about this project because it represents one of the best investment opportunities I’ve seen in the past year.
One of the best parts about this project is the location. It’s in what I call the “Sweet Spot” for downtown condo investing.
What is the “Sweet Spot”?
The sweet spot is an area of downtown that seasoned investors have long known to be probably the best spot in the downtown in which to invest. Here you constantly have your pick of high quality tenants: people literally will line up at your door with rental application in hand. Some of the highest rental and appreciation rates in the city are Â here.
It’s all about being in the centre of everything, and having a broad appeal, all while still remaining affordable.
Where is The Sweet Spot?
The Sweet Spot for downtown is roughly bound by the following: Bloor to the north, Dundas to the South, Jarvis to the East, University to the West.
Any further north and you get into too-pricey Yorkville.
Any further south and you get into the too-pricey and not asÂ livableÂ Financial District.
Any further east and you get into sketchy areas.
Any further west and you get too far away from Yonge Street.
There are 3 key factors that really make this area the Sweet Spot downtown condo investing. These factors are:
There has been a massive shift away from car ownership for downtown residents over the last 5 years. Â Cars are an afterthought and transit is king. When you are in the Sweet Spot, you are never more than a 5 minute walk to a subway station, and there are streetcar and bus routes all around you. Car sharing service locations are also on just about every corner.
2. Rental Market
The thing that makes this location a great spot for investors is that it attracts a very wide spread of potential tenants from students at the two university campuses, to young professionals who work in the financial district, civil servants at Queens Park and doctors and nurses – they all want to live in the Sweet Spot! This creates high demand for rentals and has driven prices up to some of the highest downtown.
All the essentials of life including transit, shopping, and parks are within a 5 minute walk from 365 Church including
- Subway station (College Station) and multiple streetcar stops
- Grocery Store (The World Famous Maple Leaf Gardens’ Loblaws)
- Convenience/Drug Store (24 hour Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Good coffee (Starbucks AND Tim Horton’s)
- Quality restaurants (too many to mention)
- Green Space (Allan Gardens or College Park)
- PLUS: Ryerson University, The Village neighbourhood, a Movie Theatre
- Dundas Square and the Eaton Centre Mall (one of the busiest in North America)
- University of Toronto campus (about 35,000 students)
- World-leading hospitals and research centres
- Queens Park building and countless government office buildings (the centre of the provincial government)
- PLUS: Historic Cabbagetown neighbourhood
- Yonge and Bloor (intersection of 2 major subway lines)
- Yorkville neighbourhood
- Queens Park
- The financial district
- St Lawrence Market
- Moss Park
- PLUS: George Brown College
Watch for more details on 365 Church in the days to come, or better yet, become a subscriber and get them sent directly to you via email. Fill out the form below.